Medical Coding Specialist Test Preparation Training Course
WHAT The Nationally Registered Certified Coding Specialist (NRCCS) test preparation training is designed to teach the skills you need to pass the NRCCS exam from the National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP).
WHEN Saturdays from 9:00AM - 2:00PM. Eight sessions.
WHERE Florida Vocational Institute is conveniently located inside the Mall of the Americas, on the 2nd floor.
7757 West Flagler Street
Suite 220, Miami, FL 33144
- $700 to pay in full
- $150 initial payment, with 8 weekly payments as low as $52 per week
- Note: the study guide from NAHP containing the bank of questions for the exam is included in the total cost of the training.
TRAINING SESSION OBJECTIVES
- Outline responsibilities of a medical biller and coder
- Learn the characteristics of the commercial and government insurance health plans, including
- Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO, POS
- To understand the typical billing guidelines
- To understand the Insurance Claim form
- To learn the guidelines to coding diagnoses and procedures
- To Understand the information included in ICD-10
PREREQUISITES Candidates for theNRCCS exam preparation have to be working as Medical Assistant or have to be enrolled in aMedical Assistant Program. Students currently enrolled in a Medical Assistant program Have to pass the courses: Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology and Office Procedures, in order to participate in the training sessions.
Session 1 - Insurance Procedures and Reimbursement. Insurance Application.
- Health Insurance benefits
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Private Insurance guidelines: HMO, PPO, POS
Session 2 -Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (MIBC)
- Medical Billing CMS 1500 form
- Types of encounter forms
Session 3 - Introduction to Billing and Coding Procedures: ICD, CPT Books
- Introduction to ICD-10/ CPT
- Three volumes ICD-CPT Books
- Table of Drugs
- External Causes section
Session 4 - Introduction to Billing and Coding: 1500 form
- Introduction to Billing and Coding : ICD-10
Session 5 - CPT Modifiers and Place of Service. E/M Service
- Introduction to current procedures terminology (CPT)
- CPT modifiers
- Place of Service
- Evaluation and Management
Session 6 - Advance ICD -10
Session 7 - Advance ICD-10, CPT coding
Session 8 - General review.